Many clients come to our shelters with nothing but the clothes they are wearing. By donating tangible items you can provide these women, children and men with the supplies they need to rebuild their lives free from abuse.
In-Kind donations refer to new items only. Please donate your gently-used items to The Family Place Resale Shop.
The Family Place Resale Shop
11722 Marsh Lane, Suite 354, Dallas, TX 75229
(Southeast corner of the Park Forest Shopping Center)
Important Update: In order to protect the health of employees, donors and shoppers, we will require that masks be worn at all times.
Temporary Donation Drop Off Days and Hours:
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Furniture donations only accepted on Wednesdays from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Store Shopping Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Items we cannot accept include:
- All items must be in closed lid containers or sealed garbage bags
- Wedding Dresses
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Exercise equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, etc.)
- Office furniture
- Large desks, armoires, or large entertainment centers
- Christmas trees
- Televisions (tube style)
- Baby cribs, car seats, swings, and booster seats
- Chandeliers and light fixtures
- Used portable toilets (kids and adults)
- Used bed pillows
- Large appliances
- Furniture that is broken, torn, stained, or has excessive pet hair or smoke odor
- Sleeper sofas
Donation drives help us provide much-need items to our shelters. Host a drive at your workplace, school, place of worship, neighborhood or civic organization. For more information or to schedule your drive, contact Meg Bittner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seasonal Drives - We do everything we can to make sure that families receiving our services can celebrate holidays like any other family.
- Pantry Drive - We keep and pantry full of non-perishable food items to give to our clients in need. Help stock our food pantry with food to distribute to our clients!
- Starter Kit Drives - Each year, The Family Place helps hundreds of women and their children start over with “Starter Kits.” These donations provide many of the items needed to set up a household, such as sheets, blankets, towels, dishes, pots and pans and other kitchen items.
- Toiletry Drive - Help us provide basic necessities like soap, shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste and more for clients at our shelter.
We are always in need of the following items:
- Gift Cards
- Grocery Stores
- Gas Cards
- Visa Gift Cards
- Twin XL Sheets
- Crib Sheets
- Full-Size Toiletries
- Canned Food
- Formula & Baby Food
You can also donate items directly on Amazon by shopping our Amazon Wish List! Purchase an item to donate and it will be shipped directly to us.